Mar 17, 2009

Another Expo is History

Windy & I in the trail tack demo at Expo


Things I Learned At Expo

When pulling the big trailer, remember the mailbox.

Windy can become buddy sour in 2.4 seconds of stalling next to a strange horse

You really can rent three wireless sound systems 1 hour before show time!

Do not yell at the staff you’ll later need the most

Having my son ride my horse in a clinic wasn’t a good idea

You really can pull a horse or your friends’ kids to participate in a clinic on a moment’s notice

Be careful what you say when testing a microphone as you don't know where else it may be broadcasting.

Windy thinks mules are the devil

Never have your husband fetch a sound system that is plugged into the same electrical strip as the barrel racers clock… while barrel racing is in progress

My friends have my back

Show Sheen works on a dirty horse

Ariats are better than tennis shoes

There are 405,000 square feet in 5 buildings at expo

Walking from building to building all day long will not combat the calories taken in at the concession stand

You can charge beer if you order 4 bottles and have no cash

Windy thinks ponies with American flag stable blankets are the devil

I would not make a good bouncer, but John & Jess would

St. Bernard puppies stop people in their tracks

My friends remembered my birthday

The entire Expo Committee & volunteers are awesome!

People really do read my website & blog!




6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 AM

    I didn't get to meet you but I did get to talk to Windy, she did seem a little worried about something, must have been her neighbor. She is beautiful. Bays have always been my favorite. My family had the best time at the Expo on Saturday and my friend went back with me on Sunday. She said it was the best one ever!! My boys love the "polices" and their horses the best. What a wonderful way to spend our weekend. Please tell everyone THANK YOU for all the hard work you guys put into this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:03 AM

    'Ain't it the truth'!

    I think you nailed it in your recap here (and I got a lot of giggles out of it, knowing the stories behind the blog!).

    It was a good Expo, gotta admit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL... excellent post TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the recap! Coda and I had a great time doing the tack demo with you and Windy. Loved the story of the people at Windy's stall. "That's Windy", to cute.

    Expo 2009 was a great one for sure!! Lots of lessons learned as well.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:36 PM

    Can you help us stop the mass murder and imprisonment of 33,000 wild horses and burros! The Wild Horse Foundation has a plan that offers a solution, but we need your help! Please stop this trail of carnage and public waste by contacting Ken Salazar at the Bureau of Land Management at the link below:

    http://capwiz.com/madeleinepickens/issues/alert/?alertid=12943361&type=AN

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your observations. It's a great recap, funny and true.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.