Sep 17, 2009

She Cleans Up Well



There is nothing I appreciate more than a clean horse.  There is also nothing I hate more than bathing a horse!  It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. 

Luckily the horses were up at the barn when I got home tonight.  Nothing like adding insult to injury if I would have had to go to the other end of the pasture to bring them up.  I thought briefly about fixing supper first -- another job that's right up there with bathing the horse -- but what the hell - why ruin the evening completely. 

It took over an hour to clean her from toe to head. 

"Did the bot flies have to choose this week to lay their eggs?"
"Where did she get that cut?"
"Why is her hair missing there?"
"Glad I don't get this black crap between MY boobs!"
"Great, a hoof flair!"

Nothing like being up close and personal and finding all the flaws!

"Ritz, go lay down!"




I was pretty happy with the finished product.  Braided her up to try to keep some of it clean.  Put on a blanket and a fly mask (they sure were pesky tonight!) and put her in the round pen that at the moment has more grass than sand. 



It's past my bedtime.  Getting up at o'dark hundred and hope to be heading out before 8:00 AM.  We should avoid most of the Omaha traffic that way. 

"Another tank of gas and back on the road again!"

5 comments:

  1. She looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure does clean up nice!! She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're having a wonderful time and you and Windy both come home happy and dirty. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Windy is gorgeous! You did an awesome job! I was going to say that at least washing a horse gives you a more lasting satisfaction compared to making dinner....because afterwards there are mountains of dishes and mess to clean....but then I remembered that sometimes horses don't stay clean after their bath. lol!

    You had me laughing out loud at your conversation with yourself about your up-close inspections. I always wonder why in the heck mare get that black crap down there, too. I guess it's better than the stuff the geldings get 'down there'. ewww!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy, what can I say??? You're a HOOT!!!...that's about the size of it! Every time I read one of your dialogues, I know why you write and I don't!
    Love Ya,
    Violet

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.