Feb 17, 2011

Crunch Time

We are just three weeks away from the Nebraska Horse Expo. Usually by November and December, I am tired of meetings, tired of planning and swear this is my last year on the committee. And then we have our meeting at the event center where the Expo is held, and the smell of horse and the ambiance of the barn (yes, barns do have an ambiance) brings it all back and I am once again happy to be involved with Expo and working with such a fine group of other horse people who make it all happen.

The first year I was on the committee, I was responsible for clinicians, round pen demos, lectures, scheduling and t-shirts. Plus I bought two horses to have worked with by the clinician and I did a couple lectures on trail riding. I really did bite off more than I could chew.

The next few years, we got more volunteers and I started cutting back on my responsibilities. This year, I am still doing the scheduling and somehow, I also ended up in charge of the dance on Friday night. Now you all know I am the dancin' queen (not)!

This weekend I am working on the schedule to meet the deadline for our program. In addition, I am also working on the Saturday night feature and we are relying on a lot of assumptions and a little prayer. So considering I work best under pressure, I should be producing my best work yet. (Nervous laugh.)


Check out the Nebraska Horse Expo.

Our special guests are Craig Cameron, Van Hargis,

Jimmie Gibbs Munroe and Monte Bruce.

There is still time to submit your favorite photo for the Expo Photo Contest.

Or, you might want to participate in the NBHA Barrel Racing on Friday night

or our Youth Rodeo on Sunday.

Follow the above links for entry information.

And thank you for continuing to support the horse industry in Nebraska by attending our Expo.

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Looks great. Best wishes for a successful event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun. These kind of things always take so much work but it's worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big fan of Craig Cameron. Looks like being a Brill time good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Greetings from Southern California.

    I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can hardly wait. This will be my first one (I just got a horse last summer) and I live real close to the event center. I plan to soak it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you do events like I do, buried up to your eyeballs is the normal comfort zone. LOL

    I wish I lived closer, I'd be there. I don't know if we even have an event like this in our state anymore. I worked on Horse A-Fair at the Puyallup Fairgrounds for a few years, but I think we don't have enough places for demonstrations to pull off what you do. Maybe that's why it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.