Feb 24, 2012

It’s (almost) Wednesday, Let’s Ride!

 

Many years ago – gosh, back when I was still riding Jo, so prior to 2005 – my friend, Robyn, and I started the Platte River Riders.  Simple idea:  every Wednesday during the good weather months, we would pick a trail to ride and invite others to join us.  Just adults, no kids.  Be saddled and ready to ride by 6:30 PM.  And right from the get-go, these rides were a success.

 

bb pic 048

 

Riding on a Wednesday evening after work does not afford a lot of people much time for travel.  So over the years more rides were scheduled to encompass specific geographical areas to accommodate more riders.  This year with gas prices looming in crazyville once again, I’ve scheduled rides in my neck of the woods for those who live in and near Saunders County.  It will reduce the miles I have to drive to get to rides and hopefully I will find other like-minded souls in my neighborhood who want to ride all year around and I can quit whining about not having riding buddies nearby.

 

RIDE SCHEDULE POSTED HERE

 

This year’s schedule for the eastern Nebraska area is posted on the Platte River Riders page.  The northern and central groups will have their schedule in soon.  I hope you’ll look for a ride in your area and come join the fun. 

3 comments:

  1. Wish I was closer - the Omaha ride would almost be doable if it was an overnight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you get lots of fellow riders to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've organized the NE riders into such a loose fun group. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.