Mar 16, 2012

Signs Your House Needs Cleaning

 

Photo Mar 09, 2 50 33 PM

 

When you have to move a gun off the kitchen counter, it is a sign that the house might need cleaned….

or maybe that we are rednecks….

or that I live with a houseful of men (can no longer say boys)….

or perhaps all of the above. 

I do know that I have been on a horse every day after work and on weekends for the last eight days and haven’t really noticed guns or dishes or laundry.  Or this blog, for that matter.  And now I’m paying for it.  Next week shows rain in the forecast but I don’t think I can wait that long.  It is getting pretty bad around here and it is definitely not “company drop-in ready”. 

 

Photo Feb 26, 12 18 30 PM

 

Last week I turned 51 years old.  Gosh, it still blows my mind because I don’t feel 51 years old.  It freaks me out a little bit when I think I am 9 years from 60.  Or 21 years away from my Dad’s age when he died or 26 years away from the age Mom was when she passed away.  And I won’t even bring up the “cancer gene” that is probably hiding away in my “feels like 36 year old body.”   Anyway, my goal was to ride at least 51 miles last week.  And I did. 

 

Photo Mar 10, 2 07 00 PM

 

This past week, we have had temps from 40 degrees to the 70’s.  Heck, it may have even hit 80 degrees yesterday!  I don’t even know what is normal, but this is not.  So combined with the time change, I have no reason at all to be INSIDE the house except for that pesky house work and raise your hand if you feel that can wait.  I do know the horses aren’t shedding fast enough for the weather. 

 

Photo Mar 11, 10 59 46 AM

 

The fun thing about riding eight days in a row is getting all of our horses out.  Windy has been out about every day.  I rode Fancy 15 miles last Friday.  John rode Blue one day, I rode Butter and even switched out with him one day and rode Baby.  

 

Photo Mar 03, 1 22 34 PM

 

I got the gooseneck hitch installed in the new truck and pulled the trailer out of storage.  Had one low tire was all.  I seem to have found enough truck to pull this trailer; pulls so much easier than the old truck.  But, as we get raped with gas prices nearing $4 a gallon; sure don’t know how much I’ll be pulling this year for casual rides.  I hate to even think about it. 

 

Okay, so I have a few loads of laundry done, the gun is put away, the blog is completed.  Dishes?  Well, they might have to wait.  I think its time to ride. 

 

.

3 comments:

  1. I want a sign that says "this house was clean last week. Sorry you missed it."

    Ride, dishes can always wait!

    Gas prices are nuts. We need electric trucks to haul horses in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm raising my hand. You go girl! I have to admit that I am a clean freak but that is not good. I can't help it! It's an addiction that runs in my family. You're doing what you're supposed to do--living your life. I'm 51 too. I'm 15 years away from my mother's age when she died. If I die young too, I am not going to be happy that I stayed in the house and put the gun away and cleaned the dishes. I will be wishing I spent that precious time out riding 51 miles (51 miles!) like you.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riding before cleaning is simply having your priorities straight.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.