Oct 7, 2012

Crisp Fall Rides

 

IMG_5674

 

Brrrr.  It was 21 degrees this morning.  That’s beyond chilly.  That’s cold.  Good thing I turned the furnace on two days ago when it was 42 degrees in the morning.  It’s also a good thing I ordered some new base wear from Cabelas this morning in preparation for winter.  But really, when its cold – really cold – I just don’t ride. 

 

Yesterday I ventured out in the afternoon to meet some friends at Camp Moses.  It was suppose to warm to the mid-fifties or so I thought.  It didn’t and I was severely underdressed.  Don’t get me wrong – I had layers on, but had expected to take the layers off as the afternoon wore on, not wish I had more to put on.  Even though I cut the ride short due to frozen feet and fingers, it was still a pretty fall ride.  Anytime in the saddle is a good time, right?

 

CGW 2012 214

 

It’s been two years since I did a Competitive Trail Ride.  Not that I’m a veteran CTRer or anything; I have only competed 4 times in the last 8 years.  But being that I have been putting on a lot of miles in the Distance Derby and Windy is in fabulous shape, I decided to enter a ride this coming weekend. 

 

PhotoShoot 113

 

I last rode the Indian Cave CTR in 2010 and Windy and I had a pretty good ride.  Unlike Windy, however, today I am not the best physically fit specimen around.  I am a bit heavier than I was two years ago and I certainly wish I could have dropped 10 20 pounds before this ride.  I am pretty sure Windy wishes I would drop all that and more.  But it is what it is.  We’ll do our best and enjoy the weekend and the ride.  Anything else is gravy.  (I need to quit thinking about food.  It’s salads and fruit this week.  Not gravy!  Salads. And. Fruit.  Got it?)

 

.

2 comments:

  1. I don't even like to think about how much my body is changing and not for the good either! You enjoy your rides while the weather lasts. Hopefully my arm lets me get back into the saddle more often next season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute... and your bay horse is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.