Aug 22, 2013

Hello! Is There Anybody Out There?

Life keeps on slipping (slipping, slipping) into the future.  I finally know what that means.  Simply put, there is not enough time in the day - we are always moving on.  I can't believe this is just my second blog post in August.  You have all probably wondered on to a more happening place.

 

 
Things are happening here.  I did a triathlon!  Okay, probably not your definition of one, but that is what we called it.  I may or may not have mentioned that I have been walking a lot this summer.  A few times I would jog a bit.  When I found out there was going to be a 5K run from a local lake, I thought perhaps I could walk it.  I asked my fitness group if anyone was interested in joining me and oh, sure - I get the runners to step up!  But that was cool; they could run and I could walk.  I wouldn't be far behind.
 
 

 
 
But you know?  I got caught up in the run.  And I ran!  I talked myself through the first 1/2 mile.  Then before I knew it, I was at a mile.  Well, heck.  If I ran that far, maybe I could run halfway!  Well, guess what?  I ran the entire way!  I finished 11 out of 24 in my age group.  Who'd of thunk? 
 
 

 
After the run, we went and loaded up the horses and came back to this same place and rode to the ghost town of Rescue.  Joni brought her horse.  I loaded up Fancy, Butter and Windy.  I started out on Butter and she was so darn good that I traded with Corie, who was riding Windy, coming back.  Windy was having one of her days.   (Isn't Butter pretty?)  This was the second leg of our triathlon. 
 
 

 
After we rode about 8 miles, Sarah and Corie went home.  Joni and I loaded up our horses and headed to Branched Oak to meet some friends for an impromptu camp trip.  We rode again that evening and then in the morning.  See what I mean about time slipping into the future?  The weekend was over before it ever started, it seemed. 
 
 
School has now started.  The first week was pretty chaotic as Case changed schools.  I'm hoping now we have settled a bit and things will slow a bit.  I have lots of ride plans in the next couple of months and surprisingly, would like to keep this walk/run thing going.  Hopefully I can get back to writing more regularly again.  And I have some awesome pictures I want to share but will save it for another time. 
 
 
.

4 comments:

  1. Who cares about writing when you're having so much fun! Congratulations on your run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is soooo awesome about your run! Congratulations...what better...having fun when you run....or having fun when your horse runs! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your run! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your run! That is awesome! You all have been doing great...and to top it off with a ride is priceless! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.