Oct 31, 2013

More From Indian Cave CTR

 

I thought by the end of this week I would have an update on our Kanopolis CTR that we rode last weekend.  Yeah, the usual.  Lack of time.  I’ll get to it this weekend hopefully.  But in the meantime, I got the pictures I ordered from Indian Cave ride photographer, Andy Klamm.  He gave me permission to post on this blog.  So I wanted to share some of those that I found fun and entertaining. 

 

DSC_0006DSC_0005DSC_0361DSC_0359

DSC_0674

 

First off, he must have noticed our dogs right away.  They both made the cut.  Many times.  We had one tied to Sharron’s truck and one to our truck.  When I would take them away from camp and let the run, they ran for all their might!  I love having the dogs with us but they are happier when they can hang around the trailer at liberty rather than be tied.  But its good practice for them and they love to come along. 

 

The other thing that tickled me was John grooming sessions with Windy.  One who usually just brushes the sweat off, I was proud to see him really give her the star treatment.  With a mare as pretty as this, she’s a pleasure to groom.

 

DSC_0418

DSC_0012DSC_0054

 

Not only just brushing but making sure her teeth and nose were clean! 

 

DSC_0058DSC_0059

 

First the front feet, then the back.  Look at her shine! 

 

DSC_0446DSC_0461

 

Very serious as he watches me show to the judge.  And then it’s his turn.

 

DSC_0463

 

Did I mention Windy placed 1st this time around?  Coincidence? 

 

DSC_0607DSC_0070

I was not without my own grooming sessions. 

Note that Nahla had to photobomb that picture.   

 

DSC_0443DSC_0449

DSC_0447

 

Showing for the vet judge on the last day of the ride.  He kept us entertained (and relaxed) by telling stories as he inspected our horse.

 

DSC_0455

 

A nice circle each way.  (Really, I can’t remember if they were or not but looks good here!)

 

DSC_0440

 

And a quiet moment with the 2nd place horse. 

2 comments:

  1. Boy, it looks like John is really taking this seriously! Watch out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st AND 2nd place? Wow! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.