Oct 18, 2009

Sunday Stills ~ The Letter C


Sunday Stills is a place to hone your photography skills. Each week Ed issues a new “Challenge” that gives us the opportunity to pick up what ever kind of camera we own and try to meet the challenge. This week's challenge is "The Letter C".

Coincidentally, I just got a fabulous shot yesterday, using just my little Canon point & shoot, of our old Cottonwood tree out in the pasture. It has lost most of it's leaves and gave sort of an eery appearance. The picture itself wasn't too impressive, but it was one that begged to be Photoshopped. Since I missed last week's challenge, I thought I would integrate the two.





This is the shot straight out of the camera.




Here I brought out the color of the sky.



This one is my favorite. Reminds me of something etched on copper. It is interesting how this particular action pulled out the different colors in the sky which you would not have seen in the previous two pictures.


And here I applied a texture of sorts to the picture.




While downloading pictures from this camera, I came upon this picture of one of our cats, Mickey. Quite striking, isn't he? (Yes, he is missing an eye - he was a stray & it was missing when he showed up here). However, I can't take credit for this picture. I believe it must have been taken by my older son, McCain. I liked this shot & it started with a c. Cat. So I thought I would share it, as well.

Thanks, Ed, for this new challenge. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's pictures!

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:08 AM

    the tree photos are lovely
    what happened to Mickey's eye(?) :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, the one copper pic looks like something from a Stephen King book..:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. The change in the sky in the "copper" one is amazing!
    I really like the first picture with all the crotchety, crinkly branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:47 AM

    Interesting. I love 'C'ottonwood trees. In Arizona they use them to carve the Kachina dolls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics! Your favorite is mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! Cool processing on that copper effect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. That copper effect is very interesting.
    And thanks for telling us that it was a Cottonwood tree (I need help!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The transformation to the bronze color is beautiful.

    I wonder too, what happened to Mickey's eye?

    Ebie's Letter "C".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all. Mickey was a stray. Wondered out of the cornfield & up to our house. He was missing his eye when he showed up here. Kind of creeped me out at first, but now I don't really notice it. He is the friendliest cat on our place.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post I liked them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I figured you were to have a photo where the image formed the letter C some place in it. Which, the first pic does, as the branch above the horse swings arund, then down the trunk and then across the grass. Making a C around the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! Love the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Pictures, Im thinking that Sunday Stills is a blog I need to get in on, maybe it would urge me to use my camera more often! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice C's!! Your kitty is beautiful, seems he wandered onto the right place:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That cat is amazing!
    I like the last, textured photo the best. Nice series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cat is very cute. I really like the copper shot you photo shopped. It looks like it could be a copper plate on the top of a wooden box and the sky is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome photos...and that copper tinted photo is gorgeous! What did you use to create it?

    Mickey is a little creepy with that whited out eye, but he is still a stunning kitty. Nice pic of him, Case!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.