Nov 27, 2009

My Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving has grown to be my favorite holiday. A nice long weekend. Food. No expectations with regards to gift giving. Just being together with whichever family is rotated into this year's holiday schedule. And most importantly, a time to reflect and give thanks.

The hours, days and years go by quickly and not without challenge. But every morning, when I swing my legs out of bed and look to the east, I have some version of the sun rising in all it's splendor. A promise to a beautiful day. It's up to me to take it from there.



I am thankful God gave me boys. And he knew what he was doing. After my second son, Case, was born, many times I was asked if I was going to "try for the girl." Not a chance! My hands were full. I am thankful I got exactly the family I wanted.


My mid-life was never in crisis. I'm thankful I found my passion and for my partnership with my horse, Windy.


And for the best little herd of horses a woman could want!


And a wonderful circle of friends to share the trails.



When I was little, I dreamed of living in the country and having lots of animals. Here are Ritz, Bo and Madeline.


My "tomless" cat, Tom.

One-eyed Mickey (his eye was missing when he strayed onto our place).

The chickens were McCain's project and when he lost interest, became mine.


I'm thankful for my upbringing and although I miss my parents every day, I am thankful for my brother & sister and that as we reach middle age, we can still laugh till we cry.


Thanks to my new blogger friends who tune in now and again.
From my family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. All of us have so much for which to be grateful, and the more so those of us blessed with horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful post!
    You have created a rich life for yourself filling it with all the best in the world. It's so great that you have chosen good things and let the bad drift away. Blessings to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot to be thankful for. I was the same way when I was a kid--wanted to grow up and have a lot of animals. And a couple of kids. Girls in my case. How lucky we are to live our dream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Loved hearing about everything you are thankful for. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like you had a great Thanksgiving. It's so nice to see someone who is so happy with their life. Thanks for a very uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful memories and such good hearted thoughts and times here! I love your heart and the way you are humble.
    Happiest of Thanksgivings dear heart..I know I am late but never too late to be thankful!
    Kac

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.