Jul 23, 2010

The Mundane


It's cloudy this morning
I looked at the weather forecast in hopes of storms perhaps?
Anything but sun and humidity and an unbearable heat index.
It's not looking promising.
I was looking forward to mowing this afternoon.
Mowing!
Mundane yard work
I read somewhere that you can gain motivation by progress
Mowing gives me that.
It's hard to get started, but once I see the rewards of my labor
I could mow all 25 acres.
Motivation.
That's the hard part.
Patience.
Another tough one for me.
There is a hiccup on my trailer purchase
Not on my side of it, but the sellers.
They hate to part with it until they get their new one.
Until they find their new one.
So I'm waiting, waiting, waiting.
It's so not a virtue of mine.
It's hard to not start shopping again.

3 comments:

  1. Stick with it gal! I`m sure it ill be the thing for you, remember!"whats for you, will not go past you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and shop. That one isn't going anywhere and you just never know what you may find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to get motivated with this humidity. I think what you have going on is a little tiredness, a little bit, or maybe a lot, of discouragement, and needing to see nice weather. Maybe take this time to stay inside and recoup your horsey desire with other things. You know, I have always taken Aug off from lessons and horses, as it was Co fair month and the beginning of school. I have never felt like I was tired of summer that way. Maybe now, it's your turn to take Aug off, and then get ready to ride for Sept! Let's plan a trip!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.