Mar 6, 2011

My Favorite Place


This week's Sunday Stills challenge is to photography our favorite place. It was easier to think about that place than it was to get there to photograph it. But hey, it's a challenge afterall, so I ventured down the hill to my husband's shop. Scary, isn't it?



Once inside, I have to crawl over lawn mowers and around whatever car he and his buddies have torn apart today. Ah, but there it is. A bit of paradise tucked away for the winter.


So clean, so pristine among the oil stained rags and engine parts scattered upon the various work surfaces.


I open the door and peek inside. It's dark and cold. The battery was pulled for the winter. But the air fresheners strategically placed to combat the smell of a NASCAR pit team has prevailed.


My horse trailer. My summer home on wheels. My getaway. My favorite place.

16 comments:

  1. Very nice summer home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:02 AM

    I think I would feel clausterphobic! But cheaper than a hotel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:29 AM

    I knew your trailer was going to be a favorite place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, a horse trailer with living quarters! Our future plans, so we too can trailer further in comfort. Funny take on getting us to your trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you having such a nice summer home! Because it speaks of endless hours on horseback........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeeek, I can't believe you back a trailer in that tiny door! Love the trailer :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks cozy. I hope when you put the camera down you stayed a while and read a book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is something quite extraodinary about ones own small hidey hole! My own trailer through the summer, becomes a small island oasis. I do know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, that is nice! That would be my favorite place too! First I was thinking, "What? The husband's shop? They MUST be in love!" Ha ha. But now I see...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got a nice trailer! I hope to upgrade from my 2 horse slant to a 3 horse gooseneck and I'll "camperize" it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect and I'd have to say I also enjoy my motorhome although not nearly as nice looking as your lovely trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like heaven to me. What a nice rig, I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He didn't put a sign Out of Bounds?

    In New Zealand, they say most of the invents happened in the shed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous2:50 AM

    it would be nice to just take off in that! how lovely

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband rolls his eyes every time he catches me dinking around in my trailer! I'll plug it into the house, turn on the heat, and spend hours moving things around and making sure everything is just right for the upcoming show season.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy, would it be nice to have a trailer like that! I wanted to trade in my 3 horse bumper pull for a 2 horse fifth wheel but the price difference is greater than I imagined. It will be interesting what I can do to make my dressing room into a sleeping quarters...

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.