Jan 14, 2012

Sister-Wife

 

The work week goes so slow; weekends so fast.  Here it is Saturday already and I have accomplished nothing for the good of the house or for fun, for that matter.  I’m in the work-eat-sleep grind.  Not particularly in that order and none of it enjoyable at the time. 

 

I watch some of those home decorator shows and we have a lovely big ol’ house that has grown tired over the years and could certainly use some charm.  And I am lucky enough to have a husband who can do a lot of the stuff that needs to be done or would add some flair to it.  But I have no ambition for the creativity these days.  As I type this, he is downstairs painting.  I didn’t even pick out the paint color.  We remodeled this home twenty years ago - it had sat vacant for 30 or 40 years – and even though updating needs to be done, doing it again does not interest me.  Its enough to just keep up with the day to day. 

 

I need a sister-wife.  One who excretes domesticity.  I am more the barn type.  I don’t even mind going to work if someone else takes care of the house, plants a few flowers and manages to get the clean underwear somewhere other than the laundry basket.  How’s that for a tradeoff? 

 

Back to the grind….

 

.

 

.

3 comments:

  1. What you need is a Holiday! Some where warm and inviting!......But never mind, it cant be all bad? Can it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find her, will you see if she has a sister? I need one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could live together. You go to work and I'll clean and cook and decorate and then when it's all done, we'll go riding!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.