Jun 29, 2012

Look For Horsetales!

 

I mention Horsetales quite frequently on this blog.  Simply put, Horsetales is an online community that I started back in 2004 as a way to communicate with readers of Horsetrailriders.com.  Stats still show there are 300+ members and usually around 1,000 posts per month, but with the advent of Facebook, the posts continue to decline.  I did start a Horsetrailriders.com Facebook page and while it boasts almost 500 members, it lacks the closeness and friendships those of us on Horsetales have nurtured for year. 

HT

There are the “regulars” on Horsetales who post often while others join the conversation now and then.  There are also those we lovingly call “lurkers” who read the posts but rarely, if ever, comment.  It is fun when we meet a lurker in person because they know so much about the regulars while we know little about them.  Or we might know them quite well in person but had no idea they were on the Horsetales list serv. 

 

IMG_3997

 

One of the Horsetalers (as we call ourselves) mentioned that it would be nice to have a sticker for our trailer so that if we are at events or camps where we don’t necessarily know everyone, we might find a connection among the Horsetales group.  What a great idea!  So I visited Zazzle and quickly made up a sticker which would be unique to our group.  I could have spent more time on it, but I get excited and it is what it is.  I like it. 

 

IMG_3996

 

Today I got my first order of the stickers (along with one I created for Distance Derby members) and put them on my trailers.  You can find me now!  I’m looking forward to meeting other Horsetalers now that we are easily identifiable.  Order yours today direct through Zazzle.   

 

.

 

.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! I have been a "lurker" since 2005. I am getting closer to having my dream horse and hope to meet all of you as you are right that I feel I know so many of the group already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have been a "lurker" since 2005. I am getting closer to having my dream horse and hope to meet all of you as you are right that I feel I know so many of the group already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have just given me an idea!......We are an un-organised group of riders, that is we ride together at certain places, Oh! anyway, stickers! yes thats what we need, for our trailers! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I signed up to join horse tails! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.