Apr 18, 2013

Uncle!

Several months ago, we made plans for our first camping trip of the season near Pomona Lake, Kansas. While April can be chilly in the evenings, we are most often having more nice days than not and winter is usually long behind us by now.


Well not this year. Camping trip canceled. I put blankets on the horses again to ready them for another inch or so of slushy snow that showed up overnight. Careful not to complain because we need moisture of any kind right now, but it sure would be nice if the temperatures were a little closer to normal. It's been a long time since we have had a spring this cold!


I am chilled to the bone.


.

6 comments:

  1. 36" of snow in Denver area in the past week. We need the moisture too, as anyone in the West will attest, but I really wish we would get rain instead of the white stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya. I can't even get my trailer out right now because of the 4 ft drifts behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. About 30" of snow here in this storm. It was 4 degrees when I went to bed last night.

    I agree. Uncle.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Longest. Winter. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're no where near your cold or snow... But we've still had the coldest March on record. Blanket off/ Blanket on. Fresh white "stuff" on the mountains~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure we are having a late spring or is it really an early fall. Nevertheless I know my horses are enjoying their Spring Break after a busy winter in Arizona. It will be a while yet before the snow is gone on the Canadian Rockies.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.