Dec 2, 2010

Sharing the Sunset



When I came in the door last night, Case met me in the kitchen.

"Did you see the sunset?" he asked.

"No. It was dark when I left work." I told him. "Was it a good one?"

He went and got my camera. He had taken pictures for me to see! I was touched. He knows how much I love the sunsets and would have hated to miss this one. His timing was perfect. I needed to be given a sunset at just that moment.




Tonight I was standing in the check-out line at the Hy-Vee. I glanced out the front windows and once again, we had a stunning orange sunset. I thought of Case and wondered if he saw it, too.

When I got out to the car, I reached for the phone to text Case and tell him to go look at tonight's sunset. The message alert sounded before I started my text. It was a message from Case.

Just one word:

"Sunset!"
.

5 comments:

  1. That one is a stunner. Great picture! I have to say - we have amazing sunsets here. Better than I've seen on any beach vacation and MUCH better than the mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic sunset! We are having one or two here, unfortunately I have been at work until after 6pm, so dont get to really enjoy them.
    But you are lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Case did a beautiful job! He's already a photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet thing for Case to do. I love it when people note what's important to me or what I leave and take the time to do something like that. Doesn't matter how many sunrises and sunsets you see, they are all different in their own way and never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.