Aug 9, 2011

Photo Class Coming to Wahoo!

2008LOMA211

I am excited to have Alan Mais from the Camera Doctor come to Wahoo November 19 to host a beginner's digital camera class for me and others who are interested in basic photography.  Alan is the husband of fellow Cowgirl Weekender, Gail Mais, who is an accomplished photographer in her own right. 

I have been using digital photography for years and manage to capture some lucky shots every now and then but I really know very little about all the dials on my Canon point and shoot camera.  I am looking to move up in my choice of cameras in the next few years but I truly need to understand the basics before I get to that next level.



Alan will offer a basic digital photography class to help us get the most use out of our point and shoot.  Hopefully by the end of the six-hour class, I will no longer have to just use the “auto” dial and will have a better idea of what my camera has “under the hood”.  Maybe I will even figure out how to get those cool lightning shots!

I am hoping this class, limited to 15-20 participants (and I am about half full right now) will be filled with other horse women or men interested in taking better pictures.  But it is not limited to horse people; anyone is welcome to enroll.  For fee and classroom information/registration, visit Horsetrailriders.com Camera Class. 
.

6 comments:

  1. I would love it if there was something like that offered near here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good event. i`ll look forward to seeing your "new" pics!! Not that there is anything wrong with your pics now!Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good class. I'm basically point and shoot too. Guess I could read the instruction manual to find out what all those other buttons are...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great class. I would like to upgrade to a nicer camera, but haven't figured out how to use all the features on the one I have either. A beginner class would be very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's going to be really great for you because you're writing professionally now. And you already take good pictures. I can't wait to see how you're going to evolve.

    Kelly would love to take a class like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great opportunity. I've never heard of a class like that for us Point and Shooters, around here. Everything is set up for the professional cameras.

    Everything I've learned about using my own camera has been from previous high school photography classes, my camera's user's guide, online articles and from trial and error experience.
    You get to skip all that and get right to the good stuff! :)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.