Aug 26, 2011

Just What I Needed

Someone mentioned on their blog that sometimes the hardest part is finding a title for your post.  And today, I can’t for the life of me come up with one.  Perhaps by the end of this post.

Thank you for your comments about my last post.  A theme related blog is hard to keep fresh when I am not doing anything new.  But there is always plenty to write about that isn’t related to the theme.  Life keeps dibbying out tidbits along the way.  (Spell check doesn’t like “dibbying” but doesn’t offer me any suggestions to correct it, so I trust I am right.) 

I do want to say that I am lost without your blog, Mikey.  You are the Seinfeld of blogging and I mean that in a good way.  You have a great way of communicating your day to day that hooks the reader.  And I miss your blog already. 

Mindee of Our Front Door writes about her day to day and she keeps it fresh and funny and it never sounds like a Christmas letter.  I work in the city where Mindee lives and we have never met.  Its kind of fun to think we might pass each other in the store or be sitting next to each other at a stoplight and not know it.   (Wasn’t there some tv show like that?)

I really think the key to blogging is not the content but just plain good writing.  That is my goal.  Sometimes I hit a home run; other times when going back and reading an old post I wonder what the heck I was thinking when I hit the “publish” key.  I can’t tell you how long I have spent on just these few paragraphs; playing with words and reconstructing sentences.  I visit your blogs for the same reason.  Its been fun getting to know each of you through your writing and glad that you share that piece of your life with the world. 

Now, if the weekend goes as planned, nestled between high school football games on Friday (yes, plural) and the Meatloaf concert on Sunday night, I may get some ride time in at a new location.  Horse talk, pictures…the whole works are coming soon!

So thanks for the boost of confidence.  It was just what I needed.  (And I got the title to the post.)

4 comments:

  1. I try to think of my blog posts as an exercise in writing and how to improve it. I want to be more spontaneous in my writing. It takes me forever sometimes with edits and erasing to get even a paragraph out. I admire those of you who can write charming, witty, intelligent posts every single day. And yes, Mikey, We really, really miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with FV, I find it hard to write, and some times I feel like giving in.
    Even blogging, has its bad days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also missing Mikey's blog very much.
    It's nice to hear others struggle with the writing like I do. I can't just "whip" one up, it does take me quite some time. I don't think I'm ever fully satisfied, but I thoroughly enjoy it.

    Keep on writing! For what it's worth I find your blogs very fun and interesting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did meet Brenda M. last month at a 4-H event in GI. I recognized her name from your blog and we talked about how weird it is that we "know" people from the internet that we've never met.

    One of these days . . .

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.