Jun 14, 2009

Sunday Stills


Sunday Stills is a place to hone your photography skills. Each week Ed issues a new “Challenge” that gives us the opportunity to pick up what ever kind of camera we own and try to meet the challenge.

I thought this would be an easy one. Water towers. I can see our local water tower from the upstairs of our house on a clear day. But we've had no clear days lately.


Yesterday, we had a social outing about 2 hours from home. The town that it was in has no water tower. Who'd of thunk? I thought all towns had water towers! On the way home, we had about 30 minutes of daylight & managed to get pictures in three different towns. I was disappointed because many of the angles I wanted were cluttered with power lines. But did manage to get a few shots worthy of this challenge.


This one even has a horse in it! It was quite interested in what I was doing initially, but then relaxed and continued to eat.

11 comments:

  1. Great selections, very nice..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good shots. I really like the first one. The cloudy skies make the blue coloring of the photo really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. clear or not, I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely selection of images~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Great job. I like the horse on top of the water tower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the last one the best, the white horse and the barn in the background..make it a very interesting photo:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice variety. I like the last shot for all of the other stuff to include the horse that you captured.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great selection of water towers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The second photo is really neat. I haven't seen one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second picture is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent water tower captures. And horses and water towers? Perfect!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.