Jun 8, 2009

Sunday Stills


Sunday Stills is a place to hone your photography skills. Each week Ed issues a new “Challenge” that gives us the opportunity to pick up what ever kind of camera we own and try to meet the challenge. I just got a new camera and hadn't an opportunity to master this past week's challenge - Silhouettes - so pulled one of my favorites that I took a few years ago.

This picture is of John riding Blue at Branched Oak Lake near Raymond, Nebraska. Blue has always been our water horse - he will go out deep and swim if you ask! Look carefully, is Blue's nose pointed toward the camera or away from it?

.

2 comments:

  1. That's a great photo of John and Blue!
    Blue's a sweetheart!! I think he's pointed away from the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Away from the camera because I can see the mane at the top of his neck. He looks like he is facing in the same direction as John :)

    That a terrific shot!

    I hope one day to swim with my horse...well let him/her carry me anyway. hehe!

    Maybe you should rename Blue....."Mer-Blue" (get it..mermaid blue?

    Ok, that was silly. lol!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.