Jul 5, 2009

Sunday Stills


Sunday Stills is a place to hone your photography skills. Each week Ed issues a new “Challenge” that gives us the opportunity to pick up what ever kind of camera we own and try to meet the challenge. This week's challenge was "wildflowers".


I had seen some different flowers in the ditches along our roads, and yes, most are probably classified as weeds, but no matter what they are, they add color to the landscape this time of year. We have had so much rain in the last month, that everything is green and lush. I saddled up Windy and headed out our drive. We didn't have to go far to find what I was looking for. This was one assignment she was going to like! I dismounted and let her start eating at the clover buffet.


As I took pictures of my horse eating in the ditch, the neighbor was bringing in his crop of hay bales across the road. I'm sure he was scratching his head, wondering once again what I was doing on my hands and knees by my horse, and at one time almost under her.


Although driving down the road, I saw prettier flowers, by using the purple clover, it was easy to meet this challenge and still keep with the horse related theme of my blog.

20 comments:

  1. I love the red clover and horse muzzle shots! I tried for some with just clover, but danged if every single bloom I found wasnt half black from all the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sillouhette in that first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, when you said wildflowers, and I saw clover, I wondered if you knew! lol great job keeping it horse related! I love the first picture! Neat contrast! You find the neatest blogs, and now I'll have to look at his too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the clover! The Sillouhette is wonderful!
    Kacy w/ Wa mare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:36 AM

    I LOVED your post, so very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:43 AM

    the horse eating the flowers is awesome
    great way to tackle this weeks challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Horse eating clover= FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent use of 'horse' again in the assignment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos, my favorite is the second to last one, way to get creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to include your horse in the Challenge!! Lovely to say the least~~

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Love the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And your horse love them too...lovely colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.
    Just looking at your photos I can SMELL your horse!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers are beautiful, but your lovely horse just made those pictures !!!! but then again i'm partial! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed reading your story about your 'dream' horse. Thanks so much for giving me the link! Carmon

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty clover...and even prettier muzzle eating that clover. Nice photos. I like the top one,too.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfection! All your photos are great..I especially liked the first one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.