Mar 15, 2010

Expo - Day 1

Expo started last Wednesday evening for me. Case and I loaded up Windy and took off to Lincoln. I had a nice dinner with my son, settled my mare into a stall at the Event Center and plugged in my trailer to warm up the living quarters. After a quick trip to the Wal-Mart, Case and I “camped” for the first time in 2010! I can’t think of a better way to spend my birthday on a cold March day.

We woke up Thursday morning to a couple of inches of snow on the ground and big flakes coming down. If it weren’t March and Expo weekend and if we weren’t still recovering from the winter of snow hell, it would have been lovely. Instead it was cold and damp and miserable. But the show must go on.

The Nebraska Horse Expo didn’t officially start until noon that Friday, but Expo staff and volunteers report early to help move in vendors and equine and set up booths and activities. I met with the sound guy early and turned him over to our sound experts. Next I delegated volunteers to set up the photo contest display for the judges who were arriving later that afternoon. It was old home week visiting with our vendors. Small talk of a trying winter and a nasty weather day, but everyone was excited for Expo. It was good to be out with horse people again.

Our school is on spring break, so after track practice McCain came to town with his friends to set up the t-shirt booth. After an early supper, we started bathing and grooming the horse I was competing with in the Mane Challenge. My friend Joni and her daughter brought horse show veteran, Prinny, for me to ride in what would be my first horse show.

More to come....

4 comments:

  1. A Happy Belated Birthday to you. What a great way to spend it, like you said. You were kept busy but ding stuff you enjoy. And how fun to be camoing with your son, too.

    I can't wait to read and see more about the show!


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops...'doing' not ding....and 'camping, not camoing. I type way too fast. lol!


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun!
    Happy belated Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, I must have missed your birthday. Happy Birthday. Glad you're there and having fun, except for the weather of course. Good luck in your show.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.