Mar 26, 2010

Isn't She Beautiful....


Well, I’ll try this again.

Isn’t she lovely? Isn’t she beautiful? Or were the actual lyrics “wonderful?” Either way, bet that song will be going through your head the for the rest of the day.

As horse people, do you ever tire of watching them? I don’t.



"They just love to watch her strut!" Do you think Bob Segar had a horse in mind when he sang those words? If he ever watched a horse in play, he might have.

Yesterday, I let the herd out in the arena to stretch their legs. I took the camera and set it on "continous" action. When I scanned through the pictures later, songs kept playing my head.



“Every morning at the mine you could see him arrive. He stood 6 foot 6 and weighed 245." Blue wintered well. “When he hauls ass, it takes two loads,” one might say of Blue. Look at the dust fly!




Baby is not my favorite ride, but "she's a smooth operator" when she gets going.



"She's getting ready to fly. Fly away, fly away, fly a-way...." Look at this shot: I laughed when I saw Butter, the horse in the back. It looks like the other horses separated as she is either being rocketed up or was dropped from the sky. If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you will see her right hooves are not touching the ground.



“And the race is on," sings George Jones. Stay out of the way of the big girl!




“Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!” (Isn't Bruce Springsteen's daughter an equestrian?) Ginger joins the fun. And no horse runs faster than Ginger.



Rollin, Rollin, Rollin (by river….. )





Well I've been gone a long time
I really haven't been any place at all
Now two more days the same old ways
Where it really doesn't matter at all
But you could make the difference
About the way I feel today.
We'll have some fun but I gotta run
If Im gonna live I gotta play
But I don't know, where you've been
And I don't know who you've had in
But I know you've got exactly what I need

(Name THAT song & artist.)


If you are still with me, this post was so random…. I had no idea where it was going and I’m not sure if I ever got there!




11 comments:

  1. I love all your photos! It looks like the whole herd was having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't comment often, but I loved this! The horses were having so much fun and the photos really captured the action! Ahhhh, I would have spent soooo much time just standing there watching them. I do that with our dogs (the horses are boarded away from the house). I could sit inside the house and just watch them sleep! Thank goodness spring is here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! All the songs are now floating about, randomly in my head!
    That photo of the three with Butter levitating up...OH! You really must have that cropped and painted or drawn! Maybe Juliette( Honeysucklefaire blogspot) could make a poster for you..it is just too cool!
    Very fun Post!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:43 AM

    Great photos - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!!!! You and the "wee beasties" have cheered me up no end!

    It almost makes me forget the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photos! I never get tired of watching horses move either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like they're having a blast. I love to watch my horses and never tire of it. Love the songs but can't place the last one's verse. Thanks for all the fun photos and songs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative post. I enjoyed it and the photos.
    Butter's photo cracked me up. I would have edited it with some alien space ship rays as if it was picking her up and taking her into space. lol!

    Oh and the song is by:
    Head East "Love Me Tonight"

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm always so jealous when I watch the horses roll. It looks like it feels SO good. We just don't have a human equivalent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute!! My two year old took off bucking like an idiot while I was working the yearling yesterday. All of the sudden I heard a loud "whump", and sure enough, my two year old was laid out flat. I told her that is what she got for goofing around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love watching horses at play. Nothing better if you ask me

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.