Mar 17, 2010

Take a Virtual Ride with Me!


I have no pictures from my next expo event… but I’m on the look-out for some. I won’t keep you in suspense long… I’ll post the finale of the Mane Challenge soon; pictureless if need be.




Meanwhile, back at the mud ranch, it reached.... (drumroll please).... a big honkin’ 51 degrees today! And best of all, the sun graced us with its presence about 3:00 this afternoon. I could have sworn I heard angels singing! Heck, I was singing! We were literally doing flip flops in the air! And better yet, tomorrow is going to be in the 60’s! Yes, 6-0! Eighty degrees warmer than it was at the coldest part of the winter! It is sooo time to ride!





I’ve challenged the Horsetalers and I’ll challenge you, my blog readers, to take a virtual ride with me. On Thursday, saddle up your favorite horse and ride! Go down the trail, down your gravel road, or in your pasture, arena – wherever! Celebrate the warmest day in eastern Nebraska in 2010! And know there are others miles away doing the same thing. Then report back here how it went.


Where did you go?
What horse did you ride?
How long was your ride?
Was there excitement on your ride?


I’m off work at 4:30. Hope to be home shortly after 5:00. Clothes changed, saddled & ready to ride by 5:30! With daylight saving time (thank you Franklin Roosevelt and Richard Nixon), it is light until almost 7:30 now.




Why all this excitement over 60 degrees? Because mother nature is just toying with us. Seeing what we are made of. Because snow is expected here again on Friday. It’s the only break we are going to catch for awhile. So just do it! Do it now!


~~~~~~~~~


Rosella Lydia Martin

June 16, 1927 - March 17, 2005

I miss you, Mom.

6 comments:

  1. Same weather here and it is killing me because I'm am being held captive in a mind numbing training class all week that lasts 8:30am to 7pm, so I'm afraid I'll miss the ride. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I wish I could particiapte in the Virtual Ride....but with only a yearling and 2 year old at home, I don't have anything to ride! LOL

    I hope you have a great ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Hippology Team meets today. Our State 4-H Horse competition is less than 30 days away and they are so not ready. Our weather is supposed to hold for the next five days. I have plans to ride Friday and Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to ride along with you but there were just too many obstacles in the way needing attention today. Maybe next time, it would be lots of fun. We've got 60 today too--wahoo, I hope it stays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the weather here has been heavenly. Days have been in the upper 60s or low 70s. The grass is greening and I have been riding every day this week. I wish you warmer days soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is over 60 degrees here today, but by Tuesday we may get some snow. Savor the moment!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.