Dec 11, 2011

The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby

 

ddd

 

It's New Year's resolution time.  As I do every year, I will set my riding goal and hope to make it.  Setting my weight goal, too, which is equally if not more important.  Hope I make that one, too.  I am sooo out of shape.  But I did find when I lost weight, I rode more.  Besides keeping Windy fit and trim, I have Fancy Pants to work on since John rides about 90% less than I do.  I also need to get some weight off Butterball and Blue.  I’d like to consider leasing Butter but with her present weight and state of mind, it won’t happen real soon.  With a crazy work schedule, I don’t know when I’ll fit all this in, but if I don’t say I’ll do it, it goes on the back burner. 

 

My friend, Christine, showed me a blogger’s “virtual” distance race but by the time we found it, they were no longer taking entries.  Not to be discouraged, we decided this is something we can put together ourselves.  And it would be fun to have other riders from across the country riding with us, albeit virtually, in our little friendly competition. 

 

The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby will begin January 1, 2012.  Pretty simple idea.  Use your GPS, record your mileage and type it in the comments on your team post.  The person with the most miles, wins the race.  I'll provide progress reports along the way; you can provide commentary in your comments about your rides - makes it interesting for the others to read.  You must have a GPS or GPS technology to keep it fair. 

 

Head on over to The Great Horsetrailriders Distance Derby and sign up your team.  We look forward to “riding with you” in 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.