Aug 31, 2009

Revelry


Most of August, I have slept with the window open. I love hearing the night sounds; even the sound of the highway is comforting. And now that I have chickens, I hear the roosters in the morning. As they get bigger, their “cock-a-doodle-doo” is more robust.

This morning, I am in that half-awake state. The alarm hasn’t gone off yet, but something has awoken me. I hear it again. It’s farting and it's not coming from John’s direction. Our Springer Spaniel, Maddie, is usually sleeping on the floor at the bottom of the bed but maybe she has moved next to me. I reach down to feel for her and she isn’t there. Surprisingly, there is no smell either. A few minutes pass and I hear another fart. My gosh, can is it the boys? Can I hear them farting from their rooms?

I dozed back off until the alarm went off and after hitting the snooze button a few times, I finally rolled out of bed. I look outside as I always do to catch a glimpse of the impending sunrise, too dark now at this time to see the horses clearly in the pasture. Then I hear a fart again! I look down. My small herd of horses has gathered outside my bedroom window. Two lying down; I can’t make out which ones. Butter and Ginger are standing up. As I watch from the window, Butter lifts her tail slightly and passes gas. What a way to wake up.

Couldn’t help thinking…. you might be a horseperson if, you wake up to horse farts outside your bedroom window.

9 comments:

  1. Oh geez, lol. I had one who snored terribly and one that farted horribly on alfalfa. Horses are strange creatures, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be putting my old mare back into the pasture after she ate her grain and the first thing she would do when she went through the gate is pass gas! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. our old pony is ongoing.. the kids think it is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care who you are or what you're doing - horse farts are hilarious. This story is particularly funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:06 AM

    bahahaha :D
    this entry brightened up my afternoon, thanks!
    i love that photo too

    putting you on my blogroll x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahahaha! I am soo giggling away here...even the word "FART", makes me laugh!
    Too hilarious!
    I have a friend that gets the giggles too...when the horses use thier "Jet Propelled Farts" to get themselves with us-up a hill.

    Thanks for the cute comment on haircolor/horses manes, over at my place.
    That Mustangs owner is comming in today for a color9ing with me and I AM going to make her hair look like her horses!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  7. too funny! oh, and the horses with bad breaths!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so funny!! My mom's dog snores, so when they come to visit, I can never sleep!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.