Aug 16, 2009

Sunday Stills ~ Clouds

My friend, Kathy, on Hat Mountain near Deerfield Lake Resort in South Dakota

Clouds. I couldn't wait to put together this week's collection for Sunday Stills. I have always been fascinated by the clouds. And some days, it seems the sky just can't get any bluer or the clouds any fuller. It's hard to capture in a photo what the eyes are seeing.

Two of the photos were taken this week. The others were pulled from my archives just waiting to be shared!



We were up on the buttes at historic Ft. Robinson when we saw this storm move in. We came down quickly and started running our horses back to camp. The lightning was sharp, but we got back before the rains hit us.


Still on vacation at Ft. Robinson, this was the view from our picnic shelter after the storm moved through. I truly think I have never seen such beautiful colors in the sky.


This was taken on our vacation last year at Deerfield Lake in South Dakota. We had just watered our horses in the lake and continued along the edge toward our camp. The clouds almost looked animated.



Following some friends down the cow trail at Big Canyon this past June.



We were all outside in our yard this past week when these clouds above us started forming. The boys noticed it first and encouraged me to go get my camera. No rain or storms came out of it, but they were sure pretty to watch. Almost reminded me of the ocean.

We plan to horse camp again this weekend, so will schedule this to post on Sunday. I'll catch up with your collection of clouds later that day! I can't wait to see what you have to share!








24 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 AM

    you have lots of clouds where you are & of varying colours & shapes
    these are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cloud moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cloud photos. Love the first photograph as well as the pink clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are incredible for the scenery alone. Add in the clouds and it's just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always enjoy clouds at a higher elevation. These are so beautiful. love the pink and blue one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a cloud fascination too. Love to watch the sky when storms are forming. As long as the clouds don't start spinning around in a circle that is. Great shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are absolutely great. All of them. But if I have to pick favorites it would be the shot with the lake and the last one. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice. Beautiful spots to ride!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was fully prepared to state which ones were my faves, but then you posted a few more photos...and now I can't decide. I like them all. You see such gorgeous views and skies while out on the trails. No wonder you love trail riding so much. I bet you never forget to bring your camera along with you either.


    ~Lisa
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shots are amazing! The one really does look like cartoon clouds!

    It is my first stop over...have to check out some of your other posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoops! I have been here before! lol Will have to bookmark you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous5:15 PM

    the last two cloud formations are amazing!!!! I agree with reminding you of the ocean

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your clouds are awesome, I love the colors in the third one, but they all were very good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous8:49 PM

    These are all lovely, and I really liked the pink/lavender sky the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just saying yesterday that if I could paint, I would just paint clouds. You did a GREAT job with these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Great shots! What a place to ride on! :D Last one is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. EVery one was spectacular...and horse camping is great. Only went a few times back in the day, but what memories we have!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shots Loved them all!!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great collection, I always figure a photo looks best with a horse in it, so I really like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great collection of photos this week! Love the big open spaces you ride in...truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful series.
    I love the high blue sky with the white cotton clouds and the wide landscape.
    But the last two has one of the most dramatic clouds. Its fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Lovely pictures!

    Thanks for visiting, stop by any time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those clouds!!
    How was your Ft. Robinson ride?

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.