Jan 21, 2010

No Itch To Scratch


Thank you for all the comments on my last post. It was pretty exciting when we started working on the house all those years ago. Over time, our circle of friends has changed. And I forgot that many didn’t know the history of our home. To most, it’s just another old farmhouse.

The refurbish has slowed this week. John has to make some repairs to the office floor before we can continue to finish them. Hopefully we’ll see more progress this weekend.



Horse related? I can’t believe it is January 21 and so far this year, I have only been on a horse for what seems like just a brief moment. And although I miss it terribly, I just haven’t had the itch. I am just not up to riding in these conditions. There is a mixture of ice, mud and snow that makes footing impossible to negotiate. It just doesn't look like fun.

I know you all are sick of hearing me whine about the weather, but it really has been incredible. I swear there is a man behind the curtain playing with the weather buttons just to see what he can stir up next. The trees seem to be permanently flocked in a layer of frost. This past week we have been under a layer of fog which won’t go away. And if fog alone isn’t bad enough, I heard a new weather term: “icy fog”. What the heck is that? Pretty as it is, I'm so bored with it all, I can't even get excited about taking pictures of these latest weather conditions. I need some sunny days. Or Prozac. Or both.

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

5 comments:

  1. I can relate to not feeling like riding in those conditions. What is 'icy fog' anyway, is that a new condition. Never heard of it before but it sounds nasty.

    Since the new year I've only been on Dusty once in the snow covered arena and we did fishtail on some ice under the snow. So it really isn't safe out there. The upside is your floors should be done soon. It's always nice to get some decorating done and this winter is the time to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that right now, I would trade my 6 inches of mud for some clean white snow and raise you some icy fog. My pasture is a disaster, my driveway is a mudslide, my round pen is impossible and still the rains continue. I know I should be thankful for the rain and that we aren't sliding into the ocean like California but... UGH!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the weather, I just want it to stop. Although I guess I shouldn't complain we don't get the same weather as you guys. I'm pretty lucky in this little pocket of the world.With all the crappy weather every whwere else BC seems almost normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was loving the snow and skiing and playing in it, but now we have rain. Rain in January! And it's made a mess of everything. I am getting very cranky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you enjoy Saturday? I'm not sure about where you are, but the Fremont area was treated to temps ABOVE 40!!! I was outside all day....too bad I was busy working on fence. We are going to have one heck of a mess to clean up after the snow drifts finally melt!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.