Dec 20, 2009

Sunday Stills ~ Holiday Lights & Decorations

Sunday Stills is an opportunity to to pick up our camera and meet the challenge Ed bestows on us! To keep in the theme of my blog, my pictures are horse related. This week's challenge is Christmas Lights & Decorations.



I had about an hour of daylight left and found in my barn just the thing that would fit the challenge: the jingle bells. Case's mare, Butter, was the only horse hanging out by the barn so Butter is the bell model.


"Butter models bells by the barn!"


Say that five times fast!


I'm not sure she has ever worn the jingle bells before, but she took it all in stride. She still wonders how she ended up a boy's horse. She'll never admit it, but she just loves to be fussed over!

8 comments:

  1. Butter Bell. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks delighted to have been the model for the bells. Glad she took it in stride she looks very sweet. The bells were a good idea for the decorating challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, simple and elegant..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butter's Better Barn Bells! lol!

    She is so pretty, too.
    Great pic!
    I love that you have sleigh bells in your barn. Have you ever driven a cart before?

    ~Lisa

    ps
    I answered your question over at my blog, but I'll paste 'em over here so you don't have to back:

    Thanks Tammy!
    Can I just say....I LOVE MY CAMERA!

    Ok, now that's out of the way, all I can say is that I have my camera to thank and still hands. All I used is the same setting I use for all of my photos: Auto. I had the flash up, and I was about 60-70 ft away from that tree. I just focused....held my finger down on the shutter button for about 10 seconds (That might be the trick. You've got to be sure the camera understands what you are focusing on, so give it time. lol!)
    and then just click!

    I did nothing to edit the photo at all. I was very happy with the way it turned out, too. Thanks for noticing :)

    Happy Holidays to you and your family, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butter..you are a great model of the bell by the barn!
    Love it Tammy!
    I can actually hear those beautiful sounding bells , in my head!
    KK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:04 AM

    pretty horsey and very christmasy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butter makes a great model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bells look awesome on Butter! did she walked around and have them jingle?

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.