Jan 12, 2011

First Big Snow


I am afraid by the time I am home in the daylight, the snow is going to be gone or at the least, tromped on by the dogs. The sunset was really pretty tonight as I rushed to get on my coveralls and winter gear and by the time I got outside, it was almost gone. But you get the idea. We probably had close to a foot of snow fall from Sunday until Monday. Then the winds came up Monday night and we got plenty of drifts. The pasture looks like a bunch of moguls.


While not necessarily a good shot, I liked the contrast of colors in these pictures - the warm barn wood against the fading sky.



It's been chilly this week with highs only in the single digits during the day and ten below or so at night. (Gosh, I sound like a weatherman!) I have blanketed Windy and Butter but the others are always the first ones in the barn and stay plenty warm. I am sure Butter and Windy would be fine, too, but I feel better. It's supposed to be back up to 30 tomorrow, so I'll pull the blankets then.

I've been whining the last couple of days. Still black and blue, I expected I'd heal a little quicker than I am. Seems the swelling has moved to my ankles, which is weird because my ankles weren't hurt. I had hoped to start working out by now and start to lose these extra pounds I found over the last few months, but will probably have to wait another week. I know, excuses, excuses. But I am motivated. I don't want to buy new spring clothes! I sure didn't know keeping weight off would be harder than losing it in the first place!

6 comments:

  1. yes, the sunset was better tonight than last night. I love the barn shots. The last pic with the sunset behind the horses was awesome! I'm glad you got some horse time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I`m just glad our snow has gone! For the time being at least! But no, good pics, and the atmosphere? You caught it just right!
    I liked them

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horses look content all snug in the barn. Love the snow and sunset through the doorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We sure have had some pretty sunsets this week. I think you got some good shots.

    Sorry about the healing slowly. This whole aging thing isn't fun, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the photo of the horses in your barn, too. They look content to be inside, leaving the snow outside.
    Sounds like your leg is just draining. Remember when I was kicked in my right eye and it turned black and blue? By the end of the week my left eye and left cheek had become black and blue and my right eye looked almost normal.
    Someone saw me with my left eye discolored and said, "I thought you got kicked in the right eye" lol!

    Stay warm and drink some spiked hot cocoa ;)

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! I hope you're feeling better now :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.