Jan 9, 2011

The Letter W


It has been a long time since I have taken the Sunday Stills Challenge. Although it seemed I always had a camera with me on my rides, I wasn’t taking any good pictures. Just snapping away and hoping something turned out at the end of the day. I would check to see what Ed had in store for us each week, but time and gumption prevented me from playing. I am hoping to participate more in 2011.

Today it the first notable snow we have had for the year. It’s hard to believe after the winter from hell last year. So I grabbed the camera and went out to the pasture with this challenge in mind. These pictures are hot off the press; taken a little over an hour ago.


I took this one from the porch zooming in on Baby. Winter is back.



I knelt down to go under the fence. There were weeds in the fenceline.



Ritz, American White Shepherd, never misses an opportunity for a jaunt down the hill.





There were gunshots in the distance that worried Ginger. Okay, that may be a stretch on the letter W, but if you knew Ginger, she does worry a lot! :)


Windy's whiskers are iced over.




Windy
is also wet from the snow.





The dogs watching the horses as they watch me walk away.
.

16 comments:

  1. Did you draw that W in the snow? I thinking taking assignments like with Sunday Stills is a good way to keep practicing and improving our photography. I'm trying to participate more this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shots, seems to be alot of frozen whiskers out there this time of year..:-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos. I especially like the "W" in the snow. I saw people doing the W challenge on a few sites and got confused because I thought I'd seen that the challenge was to take a shot that would bring an emotional reaction. Went and checked and saw that I had been looking at the challenge for Jan of 2010. So I was going to try and do the challenge this year, but I guess I'll have to pay better attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:42 PM

    i know what lack of time feels like
    these are wonderful wintery shots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:45 PM

    Great job with the "W" challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ritz looks a lot like Francisco! Nice W shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:38 PM

    I love the look of Ritz! The dogs watching the horses is a great shot! I've been enjoying looking at everyone's photos, hoping that my photo taking skills improve.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shots. Hope to see more from you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great W's for the challenge. I can't believe this is your first big snow. We've been getting hammered here on the east coast with more to come in the forecast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see a W in the branches of that tree in photo #1.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent job! Love the W!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent photos! I really like the long shot of Baby under the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pics. I particularly like the one of the snow on Windy's back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great interpretations of Ws here. Good for you.

    I need to get off my you know what and back to doing this. I could use a diversion since I haven't been able to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10:54 PM

    Nice job, like the picture of the snow on the horse.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.