Jan 22, 2011

Thank you, Cheyenne

Thank you, Cheyenne, for the Stylish Blogger Award. I don't know that I'm exactly "stylish" -- you should see how I look right now -- but I do enjoy blogging and sharing my stories and appreciate the nod in my directions.

Cheyenne is from Scotland and describes himself as "...an ex mountaineer,and ex Pro Photographer, who returned to horses later in life." He is also a gifted writer and I enjoy his stories and musings on the Cheyenne Chronicles. Keep it up, buddy! You are quite stylish yourself!

There are four things I was asked to do to receive the award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award

Hmmm. Seven things about me that I haven't shared.... Random thoughts...

1. I am a very picky eater. Celery is still not an option; nor about any vegetable other than green beans. If a recipe called for onions, I would have to cut them up almost microscopic. I have reformed over onions and can now even appreciate French Onion Soup. But keep those other greens away from me.

2. Through work, I have traveled quite a bit. The only states I haven't been to are Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, South Carolina, West Virginia, Connecticut, Vermont and Deleware. I can't recall if I have been to Michigan or not; and find it strange that I can't remember.

3. I was pretty sure my first car was a 1967 Ford Torino, but when I google that particular car, that doesn't look right. Was there a similar Mercury model? Once again, the fact that I can't remember is kind of scaring me. Perhaps I just have the year wrong. Anyway, it was candy apple red and took a little transmission fluid every time I drove it. I had to sit on the hood to get it to close properly.

4. I hitchhiked once. It was really unintentional. For some reason, my car wouldn't start and I had to be downtown. Having never taken public transportation, I hiked to the nearest bus stop sign - no clue of a schedule. After waiting for what I thought was longer than I should, some guy pulled up and asked if I wanted a ride. I told him I needed to go downtown & he said he would take me. WTF was I thinking?? Well, I guess that I needed a ride. Luckily for me he wasn't an ax murderer and simply took me downtown.

5. This is my 25th year with my employer. I am blessed that I like my job, have a great boss, and have had opportunity for much advancement through the years. I hope to retire from there when the time comes. I keep thinking someone someday will figure out that I really don't know as much as they think I do!

6. John sold his cows last month and I really wish he didn't sell Agnes. (Don't tell him I said that.)

7. I get terrible road rage. When Case was in grade school, he had to answer questions about his parents. He made two different references to it. "The funniest thing about my Mom is when she gets road rage." And "she goes on a rampage just to get to the airport." A rampage?? Where did he get that word!

I'm going to cheat just a little since I just reorganized my blog roll. I'd like to recognize all those bloggers on the right hand side of this page. Both lists are those that I read most religiously; some I comment on, others I lurk & enjoy. I hope you will take a moment and check them out. Those bloggers are more than welcome to accept this award & challenge, as I'd enjoy reading more about each of them.

Once again, thanks Cheyenne, and keep the stories coming.

.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award. You deserve it. Good to get to know you better.

    I hate veggies too and try to avoid them if possible. I'm not very tolerant in the car either. I especially can't take people on the phone or texting, oh and the obnoxious bike riders who think they own the road and won't move to the side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't fussy on veggies until recently. Now I don't mind them so much. Maybe your first car was a Cougar or Meteor? I, too, suffer with road rage. Nice getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award.

    I agree it's nice to get to know you better. I personally am fond of veggies......I know that makes me some kind of sick but that's just how it goes. With the stomach issues I've had of late, can't eat them much but I still like them fine.

    I'm glad the guy that picked you up was harmless. I hitch hiked once myself when I was a dumb kid and then shook the whole time I was in the car. The driver was fine but the possibilities in my head cured me.

    I can get a little perturbed at other drivers too although not to the point of real road rage. I know people use the terms loosely but the real thing is very scary stuff.

    I have a brother dead because of it so I work on my patience when I drive. You just never know when you might trigger someone else to go off the deep end like my brother did and he paid with his life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Other non-veggie folks out there! I have a lot of other food fears, too, but will share them another day.

    RR - I am sorry about your brother & the road rage incident. I'm a passive aggressive road ragers - just cuss and scream in the car, but not to the other driver themselves... well, one time I did. I was trying to maneuver the truck & trailer to a diesel pump that was kind of out of the way & a stupid truck pulled in front of me & took my pump. I did have a word with him about his manners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I guess I have been known to flip the bird a time or two... :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of that road rage in me too. I get so irritated by stupid drivers and I could go on and on about this, but I won't!
    Thanks for the award and it is always great to get to know our blogger friends better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to know more about you, Tammy.

    And it's great to see my little blog listed over on your side bar, too. awww! Thanks!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by and look forward to hearing from you! Do come again.